Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I will be honest, Mother's Day is hard for me.  I am not going into all the details here, but suffice to say, I usually spend the day feeling like I've been kicked in the stomach.  This year was different for two reasons:

1.  Reid called.  Having that to look forward to gave me a bright spot to look forward to all week.  I kept reassigning Sunday from "Mother's Day" to "The Day Reid Calls" in my head.

2.  My beehives.  Two of them gave me Mother's Day cards "To Mommy Claire".  They made me cry.


Eric and I didn't stay for the last hour (I can't do Relief Society easily, there are a number of people who use the Doterra oils and while most are fine individually, more than one or two tend to make me get migraines) but before we left I popped into the YW room to say hi to my girls.  When I opened the door they all saw me and demanded to hug me before I left.  So I stood there, trying not to cry, as Rachel, Kayla, Bella, Ang, Megan, and Natalie all gave me hugs.  So cool!

 So, I can say that I am the proud mother of about 8 (Merilee and Hailey were gone on Sunday) 12 and 13 year-old girls.  =D

Eric's present to me:


This is a REALLY old piano (Okay, maybe not that old, but at least well-loved and last serviced, that we know of, in 1969) that Eric's friend was going to get rid of and Eric (knowing I have been wanting a piano) said that we would take off his hands.  I will admit that it needs some TLC, but overall it is actually in pretty good shape and works well enough for my level of skill to get me going.  He also got me a card (HILARIOUS!) and pink roses!

We had dinner with my parents and Joslyn, which was lots of fun, especially dessert!  Dad claimed the privilege of putting together the individual sized cheesecakes and here are his creations:

This was mine!

This one was for Jo!

And this was dad's!

Mom's was not as exotic looking (or rather normal enough looking that we didn't think about it much), so it didn't get a picture and Eric was late to dinner and did his own. (No mint and more berries!)

It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment